background

Friday, February 14, 2014

All you need is love.....

It's Valentine's Day......


...love is all you need.


Oh how I love and hate this day at the same time!

To me it's a fun day to get all mushy and celebrate your love for one another but at the same time is is so "expected".  Expected that we celebrate and give the typical gifts of chocolate and flowers. Expected that we might not really love each other unless we search for the perfect cheesy card and dine out with everyone in the city.

Expected by who?

I don't know, some crazies that made this up years ago.  Anyway....We don't really celebrate it around here. I will probably just stick with our normal Friday night fun of Pizza/Movie night in the living room with ALL of my boys:)  Maybe throw in some red and pink m&m's in the popcorn just to say, there....we did it!

But what I do have fun in is getting all crafty with what my kiddos are going to give.  I have BIG ideas and get really excited to have this cute little package for ready for their friends.

Well this year is a bit different......scaling the aisles of Target last week we came across the Valentine's boxes....Batman, Captain America, Spider-man, Princesses, Pirates,etc.
And then we saw it.....Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and they were so excited! How could I say NO???

So I thought about it for a hot second and said, "YES!"

Why was I going to get all worked up about creating the "perfect" valentine when this is what they really wanted.

So I present to you my not so creative idea:


I mean, watch our Martha!!!



But to tell you the truth, I was struggling with allowing this to happen....allowing my kids bring in some off the shelf cartoon character piece of cardstock with a matching eraser that my kids kept asking if they could eat....GASP, am I really doing this?????

So I pledged to myself that I would not let myself down on their Teacher Gifts.
It would come from me.....the CRAFTY ME!

And then CLUSTERFLAKE 2014 happened (again) and we were locked in for a few days........by the time I got out yesterday it was too late to be too "Kelli" crafty and to be honest my mind was a bit foggy from the cabin fever chaos that had been happening for the past 48 hours.

So I was half creative and basically used the same idea I did last year.......I mean, all of these teachers are new to us how would they know?
Oh wait, Brax had Hannah last year (sorry Hannah for not meeting the creative expectations that I set for myself....please forgive me)

So I present to you Brownie Points:





I basically bought some brownie bites (you could make these yourself if you are a better baker than me)
 and conversation hearts (which I secretly love....I know, I am a candy fanatic) 
picked some cute tissue paper, made cute tags and VOILA!




So celebrate as you wish, give as you can and love like you do because all you need is love!

xoxo- Kelli








No comments:

Post a Comment