background

Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Cheeseburger Salad

Ok, so many of you have asked for the recipe after I posted this pic last night. 

 


I would have taken a better pic had I know I would be blogging about this!

There are many of nights when I need to go to the grocery store but just don't feel like it. I really only go to the store once a week so making an extra trip for me is a total chore.   So what I do is play a little game of Iron Chef (remember that show??)  and try to make something super yummy out of what we already have.

So, I present to you last night's creation:



Cheeseburger Salad (2 servings)

1 bag Brussels Sprouts 
3 cups fresh Kale 
1 cup cherry tomatoes sliced
1 lb ground beef (seasoned with Tony Chachere's & garlic powder)
1 small container of crumbled blue cheese

for the dressing:
1 part olive oil
1 part dijon mustard
juice of 1/2 lemon
salt 
pepper


In cast iron skillet, brown ground beef.  I seasoned mine with Tony Chachere's seasoning and garlic powder. *Allow meat to cool a bit before adding to salad.
Chop up fresh brussels sprouts and kale and place in large mixing bowl.  Add in cherry tomatoes (I usually cut these in half) and blue cheese crumbles.  Add ground beef and then toss in dressing.  Simple, right?

I did not give specific dressing measurements for 2 reasons...
#1 I didn't measure them:) 
#2 I know that most people are particular about the amount of dressing on their salad so I figure you could figure that out on your own.

And because we are a spicy family, I also topped it off with my favorite Scholtzsky's Hot Sauce!!!  
I am sure more things can be added.....onion, cucumber, pickles, jalapenos, bacon.....oooh bacon!

Enjoy!

Kelli

No comments:

Post a Comment