background

Monday, October 6, 2014

I'm not one for signs, but........

Whenever there is a bit of doubt entering my mind about this adoption, God has shown to me that we are on the right path. 

To be honest with you, we have had some rough parenting moments lately and there are times where we are in the midst of a tough situation where my mind starts to think......

What are we going to do with 3 kids??? 
Can we handle this???
Maybe our plates are just too full right now!!!

Sometimes the obedience is hard to swallow when I am to busy selfishly second guessing my decisions. And then God appears and shows me how wrong I really am.

This morning I was in line at the Immigration Office waiting to get my Biometric fingerprints done. The lady in front of me was trying to strike up a conversation with Wyatt and noticed my paperwork. She proceeded to tell me that she was adopted.  She said she often thinks of her parents as the bravest people she knows. To take her as an abandoned child and give her unconditional love is just an amazing thing that has forever changed her life. And then she gracefully touched my arm and said, 


"This is a good thing that you are doing, and don't ever let the tough parts allow for doubt to creep in.  God bless you and your family." 

I stood there, tears welled in my eyes, barely able to speak a simple thank you as she proceeded to walk away to her appointment.

And that is it.

That is all I needed to push the doubt aside and know that we are on the right path to grow our family.



Trust in the lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding.  Seek his will in all that you do and he will show you which path to take.
Proverbs 3:5-6








No comments:

Post a Comment