background

Monday, August 19, 2013

Sgt. Turtle Challenge

All of these fitness challenges/ specials diets everywhere......So overwhelming!

I have looked into most of them, but still have a very hard time going "cold turkey" on anything.  I'm serious! The minute I'm told not eat something, I have this crazy obsession about it.  Even if I have been eating it in moderation, all of a sudden I have to have it all the time. I know, it's all mental.....but to me as long as I can keep in moderation, I am heading in the right direction. I guess they don't call me Sgt. Turtle for no reason....(inside joke....sorry, only a few might understand this.)

Actually, in honor of slow & steady wins the race, I shall call this the Sgt. Turtle challenge!

I just get so confused of all of the issues out there regarding grains & sugars, what to eat when and where and how to eat them.  I know I can't be the only one out there that feels this way!  I probably should take the time to research to the core of what all of these are but I just don't have time....plus "they" all believe that "they" are the way to go.....so, who is telling the truth?

Why can't I just figure something out for my own body & mind???

And I am a mom.....a mom of toddlers......a working mom of toddlers....a working mom of toddlers with a husband that travels, so if this is the best that I can do right now then so be it and everyone else can shove it! Again, I know majority of it is mental and this is as much as my half brain can take right now since my kids have somehow taken the other half of my brain and hid it somewhere, probably with the yogurt cup I lost a week ago. Mmmmm, fuzzy yogurt!

Moms of older kids, please tell me you find it again! My brain, that is.

See...it's Crazytown!


So here I go!  For the next 21 days I am going to really push myself to focus on my body, to eat cleaner, workout better/longer & take care of myself.
Only 21 days? (I know some of you are rolling your eyes as you say this) Well the honest truth is that I am going to the beach next month and really would like to have a lil fun and maybe a frozen fruity rum drink here and there. And maybe a morning trip to Charlie's Donut Truck....there, I said it....I'm going to eat a donut next month! Probably with sprinkles.

I will have all of you to hold me accountable, I am going to post it all....the good, the bad (mmmmm Trader Joe's Ginger Snaps) and even the ugly. Let me go ahead and insert my disclaimer now that I am, by no means, a professional nutritionist/workout queen.  This is just meant to inspire you all to do the same for what works for you.

I will be posting on a daily basis to make sure that I keep up with it so please feel free to comment, encourage and most importantly keep me in line. With that being said, if you see me in public consuming something that is not so "clean", please call me out on it....seriously, grab it out of my hand and lick it to claim it because I don't need it.
I promise I will still be your friend!

Enjoy!
Kelli



No comments:

Post a Comment